Friday, November 5, 2010

Nice

Tonight Lance took the girls out to friends house for play time, and I stayed home with Jared, trying to get over a cold. Other than when the kids are asleep it is never that quiet in the house! I just wanted to hold him, I had time to play peekaboo and take video, time to read him a little book before putting him down for bed, time to give him saline drops and do the aspirator for the him, run the nebulizer to give him albuterol to help with his chest congestion. These seem like simple things that you would just normally do, but for me to actually take the time out just for him and to do these simple things doesn't come often or easy with the girls running around demanding my attention. Jared's such an easy going baby I could put him anywhere, and he's fine. It reminded me of when it was just me and Jenna when she was a baby...so leisurely. I would just take her out to Babies R Us (with our disposable income that we totally took for granted), stroll around the mall by ourselves, whereever the day took us. So tonight was kind of flash back, then reality came home around 8:30. But I was surprisingly calmer than usual when two cranky girls need to get put down for bed late. Tonight reminded me to fully enjoy my time with each of my kids. They are so different, each so wonderful and completely fill my heart with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment