Monday, November 15, 2010

Squeeze the cheeks

No I'm not referring to Jane Fonda's workout, but what else? Babies! It won't be long before my last child is rolling over consistently, starting to crawl, cruise and walk...when his little feet won't be kissable because they'll be dirty, which, in Ava's case, is proof that I need to clean my hardwood more often. I love babies, mine in particular. I can squeeze them, cuddle them and kiss their feet without being considered a weirdo, except to Lance who is anti-baby feet kissing. It already makes me sad when I hold Jared and can tell that he's getting bigger or even holding him imagining him as big as Jenna, talking back, throwing fits, and I fear I won't want to cuddle him as much. It's just painful to have Jenna jumping on me, kneeing me. I hate feeling annoyed by my kids, I wish they could stay babies forever. There will be a time when Jared's chubby cheeks will be cute in a big kid way but not the same. Jenna's still got her adorable cheeks, but they're different compared to Ava's, whose always make me laugh when they bounce in rhythm to her running down the hallway. Now I wouldn't say I have a foot fetish or anything, but what is it about baby feet? This morning I was kissing Jared's feet, and he start cracking up in his cute nasaly, baby chuckle. I put his little feet on my face, and he crinkled his toes to squeeze my cheeks. It was the cutest thing. There is nothing that makes my heart swell and put a smile on my face like the laughter of my children and them crawling into my lap to cuddle. I just can't help but take in Ava and Jared's baby breath and press their cheeks against mine. I did read somewhere that when babies feel contact on their faces or foreheads it gives them a sense of comfort and security. I love resting my head on theirs as we rock or read a book, and of course squeezing those chubby cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment