Sunday, November 7, 2010

French Fries

Saturday night Lance and I drove through a burger place for our dinner, we each got sandwiches and fries and were eating on the drive home. I was driving, so Lance had control of the fries. I was finished with my sandwich, and he was holding the little pouch of fries that he started on. I reached over to get some, and in an instant was reminded of that scene of "The Wedding Singer" where Drew Barrymore's fiance selfishly stole the window seat, completely disregarding her desire to look out the window (that she shared with Adam Sandler earlier). This moment gave me a new little glimpse into Lance's love for me. I had to laugh at myself on how profound I thought this moment was in comparison to the Wedding Singer! He allowed me to take some fries from his pouch without a flinch. The next time I reached he actually moved it closer to me so I could get some. His natural reaction to me was giving and unselfish. Thinking it would sound random and out of place to him, I said "I love you." His response, "You said that because I gave you french fries." :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you shared that story about Lance. I do not know him very well, and I really like that he is generous with you.

    We need to get to know each other more1 :-)

    ReplyDelete