Friday, January 28, 2011

Trippy

I literally feel like I am in a different day than the one I woke up to this morning. I know I lay out my day's schedule a lot, so sorry if it seems monotonous, but here's a snapshot of my morning. It all started with a high squeal and crying.

5:45 - 6:15 a.m. Jared wakes up, gets a bottle and goes back down.
6 a.m. - Jenna is awake, Lance is getting ready for work.
6:15 a.m. - I walk out from Jared's room to Jenna already playing on the computer and Lance in the kitchen. I go take a shower...and pray while I'm in there!
7 a.m. - Get Jenna off the computer. Right now it's really a blur what happended between then and 7:45 when Ava woke up.
7:45 a.m. - Got Ava, changed her, made Jenna go potty, got breakfast ready.
8 a.m. - Had breakfast with the girls. Ava loves oatmeal, Jenna does not unless it has blueberries, but oh well, they got grapes instead and she took forever eating. Put some cartoons on after breakfast while I balanced the checkbook.
8:45 a.m. - Got Jared up, changed and out to feed him breakfast. From this time, the girls played, we read some, watched some SuperWhy and Yo Gabba Gabba on DVR.
10 a.m. - The girls get snacks, and I give Jared a bottle in his room so he wouldn't be too distracted. Of course the girls end up in there anyway :)
By 10:30 my brain was so heavy, I've had a cup of coffee, but it has done absolutely nothing for my 5 hour sleep last night, which was on the couch because I fell asleep watching Jimmy Fallon. So Ava was off for a nap! She took a while to go to sleep, but I also put Jared in his swing for a nap at this time. He was asleep in 15 minutes. Since Jenna had gotten up so early I thought NAP FOR EVERYONE. I got some laundry going while Jenna went potty again, and we both laid down in my room. The last time I looked at the clock it was 11. Jenna made a couple escape attempts when my eyes were closed, but after a trip to the potty and some threats to take away her animal figures and no movie today she managed to lay still. We both fell asleep! At one point I could faintly hear Ava yelling "UP" and talking in her crib. I could also hear the squeaking of her mattress while she's bouncing. I finally opened my eyes at 12:30 to Jenna passed out, mouth open, thumb falling out of her mouth and all. So I slid out of bed to get Ava. I realized as soon as I walked in why she was yelling, phew! When I took her in Jared's room to the changing table I could see the sun shining through the curtains, and I had the weirdest feeling that I skipped a day and woke up to a bright, sunny morning after a full night of sleep. We proceeded to the kitchen to get some lunch. It didn't take long for Jared to wake up with her running around, but I let him continue swinging while we sat at the table and chatted :) I sat down to start writing this just before 1, at which time I saw Ava go into my room (I should've closed the door all the way)! I quiety rushed in there, grabbed her under the arms, took her out and closed the door. She immediately started crying, "Jenna wake up!" Sorry sweetpea, not happening if I can do something about it. Then she wanted to go into Jenna's bed, saying, "nigh night." Hm, that could work. She loves anything of Jenna's and tries to imitate her all day long, so we'll try it out. Case in point, SHE COMES OUT OF THE ROOM lol and is saying, "Climb." She can't get back up on the bed herself. Then it took a whole minute when I left for her to start peeling off the flower wall stickers (which I'm sure she has seen Jenna do repeatedly as many of them are moved around the wall). I went in there and said, "No stickers, lay down." As soon as I left she did it again, of course. I walked in, and she immediately jumped to lay down with a big smile on her face. She knows exactly what she is doing. She did it one more time with a warning "no stickers" or she was going to go to her bed. That was inevitable. I figured she didn't get a good nap in earlier since she ended up with a messy diaper, so I put her in her crib. I gave Jared his bottle at 1:15. He is already insisting on holding it and taking his sweet time. Actually very sweet because he stops to baby scream and laugh, so I don't mind the extra time :) It's 2 p.m. now. I hear Ava playing in her crib, Jared's getting sleep again, and Jenna is still asleep.

As I wrote in my bio blurb under my picture, I have seen a lot of things, many of them weird, unexplainable, many surprising and disturbing (one of which was the eery feeling all morning of 9/11, the peacefulness of the day that I felt until the first tower was hit, surreal!). Not that today and that day come even remotely close in themselves, but today falls into one of those weird feeling categories, but in a good way. I'm sure the fact that I started my day by praying as something to do with this :) For some reason I had no problem letting Ava ride her tricycle through the living room. And the last time I slept during the day was when I had a stomach virus. I never do it, and the timing doesn't usually work out that I can if I wanted to, but I am OH SO GLAD that I did. Cheers to one of the weirdest feeling, but calmest, days of my parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment