Friday, July 8, 2011

It's been a long time comin'

Every once in a while I come back to my blog, look at the date of my last entry and think, what's been going on with me that I want to write about? Well, a lot has been going on in the last few months that I don't really want to over-elaborate on. Except to say that it's consisted of headaches, dizziness, stress, anxiety, depression, exhaustion, many doctors visits and ultimately medication. Looking back, I can really see how much of myself was missing. I was completely disconnected and unmotivated with my kids, I had this underlying aggression that usually reared it's ugly head in the evening and resulted in my screaming and on the verge of throwing something (or someone). I eventually came to the conclusion (through tears, prayers and the advice of special friends) that I probably needed to get on something to help, at least for now, so I can be the best version of myself. It has been a trying time, but I do feel about 80% on my way to "me". I still have a couple looming physical things that need to get resolved, but I take my time, I want to get things done, I laugh more, and I desire for my children to truly be happy and sense love and unity in our family. This is vast improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment