Monday, December 27, 2010

My man

Yes, two blogs in one day. That's a record for me. But I wrote in my first one that I was sick yesterday, so I was planning on posting it then. Oh well.

So the last few days Lance and I have been getting in little tiffs about who does what and how much around the house. I can never fully explain or make him understand why sometimes the laundry is just going to stay downstairs for a couple days. With the 3 kids upstairs it's not my #1 priority to run up and down the stairs to get laundry. Even when Ava naps I'm either doing other things around the house, something with Jenna, or dare I say NOTHING. My win in the argument (I think) was the fact that I do not need a honey do list, I know what needs to get done, and some things are my responsibility, so I just do them. I don't need to be nagged to do anything. I say it was my "win" because there was silence afterward. What could he really say? He has a to do list (things that I want him to do that I'm capable of doing myself but think he should), that gets one thing crossed off every month! I wouldn't have to nag if things actually got done without me saying something. Anywhooo...

We were both cranky getting out to church yesterday, but then I remembered that we CHOOSE our mood. I refuse to be controlled by my emotions, especially when it's pointless anger. I hate it. So I lightened up and chose to not be in a funk all day. But it got a little worse when we had to wait even longer at Cracker Barrell for a table. Lance said I told him to say 5 people, which I DO NOT remember saying, but when I ask him if he's just going to be grumpy I actually got a "can't you just leave me alone?" Well fine. When we got home I played with the kids, and he and my dad watched football. All was settled down by dinner time. Lance fed Jared, I fed Ava, then I got sick. At least I got some sympathy there. I told him Jenna still needed to eat. I passed out in bed. From what I heard here and there I knew he got them ready for bed and put down. At one point I heard him come in the house, he had gone to the store while my dad stayed with the kids. I assumed he got Jared formula so he could give him a bottle and paper towels because we were out. At another point, not sure what time, I could here him doing dishes. Then around 10:30 he came to bed, Jared woke up around 11. Lance got up and brought him to me to feed him. I took Jared back to his bed.

I went out to the kitchen to replenish my ginger ale and to get some pretzels, hoping I wouldn't throw them up. When I walked out I felt like crying. The kitchen table was completely cleared of its clutter from the night before. There were no dishes in the sink, no bottles on the counter that had to go out to the recycle bin, there was a wet swiffer in the trash, so I knew he had cleaned the floor. I noticed the kids hamper wasn't in Jared's room, so he had started their laundry. The throw blankets were folded on the couch, there were no toys on the floor.

Well, I went back to bed feeling better, gave him a cuddle and thank you for everything. I passed out again. Jared woke up again around 5, so Lance brought him to me, then I fed him and put him back down. Lance got up with the girls, I have no idea what time, and I finally got out of bed around 8, took a nice shower, came out to a cup of coffee waiting for me. Lance got ready for work and left around 9:30. My dad came over around 10 before heading out to the airport.

Really not surprisingly Lance stepped up when I just couldn't do anything. I might complain about little stuff, but he goes above and beyond when I really need him. I love my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment